Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Getting Excited

I can't believe I'm on the road to becoming a missionary at age 19.  A year ago, I would have never imagined...well no one my age would've!  
I remember when President Monson made the announcement last September. He began with the age change for young men.  I was on the tip of my seat as he spoke, crossing my fingers, that his next sentence would bring some word for us girls.  
And then it happened.  From age 21 to age 19! I lept and jumped up and down.  
Not necessarily cause I KNEW I was going to serve, I had no clue whether I would or not at that time.  But the one thing that I knew was that this was a legendary announcement and moment in the history of the church, one that would affect my friends & family for generations to come, and I was at an amazing age to witness it.  
Back-tracking to a week prior from that conference, Amy and I were walking the streets of Rexburg.  It had been long enough into our first semester that we were loving it, but also long enough to be missing our friends spread out at Utah State, BYU, the U and elsewhere. So we planned a girl's luncheon BETWEEN sessions on Saturday cause we knew most would be going home for Conference weekend.  
Can you imagine... Sixteen 18-year-old Mormon girls in the same restaurant right after that announcement!??  It was like so much energy crammed into one room.  Not to mention we were all SO excited to be reunited.  Out of the 16 girls in the picture, 11 of us are for-sure serving, and 6 already have their calls. 
Point being, we would've NEVER expected this a couple months ago and yet look at us now.  

I am so beyond excited. 

"I'll go where you want me to go, Dear Lord..
I'll say what you want me to say, Dear Lord, I'll be what you want me to be."

                       (the pic I used for my papers.  It was last-minute)

No comments:

Post a Comment