Saturday, October 13, 2012

Have I done Any Good?

What makes you feel good?  Is it surfing your favorite social media websites?  Eating junk food while watching movies?  I know I highly enjoy both of these activities.  But does it really make me feel good?  The more I think about that question, the more I think of the hymn, Have I Done Any Good In the World Today?  This hymn's lyrics are truly applicable and it is so true.  So I've decided:

Doing good = Feeling good 
and
Feeling good = Doing good.

So a little after sitting on a couch munching on candy and chips to my hearts content and browsing Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and watching a movie all at once, I decided, No, this is not what feeling good is like. It's about serving others, putting others first, doing the most important things, being sincere & honest with others, and as a result and along with it; living life to it's fullest.  

This is not easy.  But it's so, so worth it. 



"May our lives of service always affirm that God forsakes no one."
Elder Robert C. Gay, LDS Conf Fall 2012

"If we adapt that question to ourselves as we serve and ask, “Am I doing this for the Savior, or am I doing this for me?” our service will more likely resemble the ministry of the Savior. The Savior asked, and so should we, “What will ye that I shall do unto you?”"
Sister Linda K. Burton, LDS Conf Fall 2012...(Really, just read this whole talk. So good.)

   I'm going to start a quest for this by doing simple steps like running and avoiding bad foods, maybe even trying to get more sleep.( Although I make no promises on the last one)  I think it's possible to find true happiness by doing what's right, and serving others!!!



Love Mads.

No comments:

Post a Comment